Here’s what was in the Tara Firma CSA boxes that we picked up last night:
- Beef Bones*
- Chicken necks*
- Ground Beef
- NY Steak
- Bacon Ends*
- Pork Rind*
- Beef Heart*
- Salad Greens
- Baby Bok Choi
- Collard Greens
- Baby Potatoes
- Trumpet Mushrooms*
- Bell Peppers
*These are extra items that I added from the farm’s web store.
Here’s what will be cooking this week:
- Beef Broth (already simmering away in the crock-pot)
- Tuesday Dinner: Ground Beef sautéed with onions and Collard Greens
- Wednesday Dinner (utilizing left-overs from last week): Pumpkin Sausage Soup with trumpet mushrooms, turkey broth (from carcass), & turkey meat (from carcass) & Beets with beet greens and bacon ends
- Thursday Dinner: Pork (from the freezer) stir fry
- Saturday Dinner: NY Steak BBQ
Friday we’ll be eating out at a work function.
Here’s what I’ll be doing with some of the odd-bits:
- Chicken necks are going to the Airedale Terrierists raw diet
- Beef Heart: I plan to attempt to make some jerky in the dehydrator for the Airedale Terrierists
- Pork Rind: I will attempt some cracklins or chicharrones.
We’ll do something with the potatoes to go with the NY Steak (primarily for ON (Oldest Nephew) who needs bulk or he’ll eat all the NY Steak). I usually do at least one breakfast a week that includes sautéed green. On Sunday I look at what we have on hand still and figure out what to eat that night.
It’s been fun combining eating local with eating Paleo.