Here’s what we got this week in our meat and veggie shares from Tara Firma Farms. It also looks like my
whining emailing to ask about our egg share has resulted in the bonanza of 2 dozen eggs.
- 2 dozen eggs
- Top Sirloin
- Brautwurst Sausage
- Pork Chops
- Ground Beef
- Brown Clamshell Mushrooms
- 2 bunches of Beets
- Green Onions
- Red Cabbage
Here’s what we have planned for the menu:
- Rib Steak (from John Ford Ranch) cooked low and slow served with Southern-style Beet Greens
- Pork Stew (Using a tenderloin I have in the freezer) with Cabbage. I’ll use leeks, parsley, sweet potatoes, turnips and spinach in there too.
- Pork Chops (no vegetable announced yet, but I’ll bet it will be greens of some type).
- Sausage Stir fry: Cut up sausages sautéed with onions and topped with wilted spinach and/or arugula
- Omelets stuffed with spinach and brown clamshell mushrooms (ON (Oldest Nephew) will have to fend for himself. He doesn’t like eggs)
That’s all we have figured out so far. Suggestions are welcomed.